classes, activities and routines are introduced into you and your child's life, things can
get hectic. Here are a few tips to help:
- A child's back pack should not weigh more than 5-10% of their body weight
- The backpack should never hang more than four inches below the waistline
- Encourage your child to use both straps of the backpack
- Adjust the straps of the backpack to fit it snuggly to their back
- Adequate sleep is important for your child's health and to keep them alert at school
- Recommended hours per night according to the National Sleep Foundation are:
- 3-5 Years: 10-13 hours
- 6-13 Years: 9-11 hours
- 14-17 Years : 8-10 hours
- 18-25 Years: 7-9 hours
Children get spinal misalignment just like adults. Bring your child (12 and under) in for a free exam this month!
Have a great school year!